Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV cable

hogbob
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
I have a 2016 Newmar canyon star3710. When I hook up my cable at power bay I have no reception, But if I hook up the cable to the outside TV inlet wire I have reception on all TV's. So I have lost the connection to the splitter. Can anyone tell me where that splitter might be located. Thank you for any help Kenny
16 REPLIES 16

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Cptnvideo wrote:
Odds are the splitter is good. Better odds; connector came loose or corrosion on a connector.

^This... my bet is on a loose, or faulty connection. Many times this is at rear of an antenna connection plate, due to tight bends in limited spaces of RVs.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is the power to antenna off? My Canyon Star 3911 has a power antenna (circular thing) It has to be off for the cable to work. Drove me nuts a few weekends ago. THEN I discovered how it worked.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Odds are the splitter is good. Better odds; connector came loose or corrosion on a connector.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
hogbob wrote:
Thanks Bud, My coach is a 2016 that unit is 20 years old. I am just trying to find the splitter.

Stop time traveling in your RV.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

hogbob
Explorer
Explorer
It's not a second inlet its a outlet that I back feed.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok you are talking about hooking up the park cable to one of two points one works one used to work.

That's not a splitter than it's a combiner. and those (Though electronically often identical to a splitter) are kind of rare. I've never heard of two park cable inlets.. Ever.. Which is why I said it think it's for a sat dish.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

hogbob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys I will take a look .

katysdad
Explorer
Explorer
Have you pulled the antenna amplifier out and looked a few inches up in the wall. I have found them buried there several times trouble shooting various units.
Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Diesel

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Splitter could be in part of the unit I posted

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

hogbob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Bud, My coach is a 2016 that unit is 20 years old. I am just trying to find the splitter.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
This is the type of unit that I previously commented on. Requires 12 volt DC. You could have lost power or the unit failed.
Winegard

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

hogbob
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it has worked for 7 years this just started.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has it ever worked, and this is a recent development?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
If your rig has a roof mounted antenna with a wall mounted power supply the splitter may or could be behind this unit. Common for Winegard power supply.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow