rbs62
Explorer
Explorer
2018 coachman 5wh
12 REPLIES 12

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Apologize for my smart alec manual comment but I mention it because many folks(especially men) never look at a manual for any product. I'd have to check but I think it is in my manual for our 2003 Itasca. Yes it may cover multiple models; nevertheless, it has helped me with many issues. The previous owner showed me the drain handle and it is hard to find.
Jayco-noslide

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some RVs have a drain valve on their water tanks besides the outlet hose to the RV water pipes to the sinks etc. But some don't. They just have the outlet pipe near the bottom of the tank to use as a drain.

The ones I have seen with a drain have an extra hose running out near the bottom of the tank, with a turn knob that goes along or across that drain hose. You can get at that from above lifting the dinette seat or whatever you have to do.

To drain the kind with only the outlet pipe which is not quite to the bottom, just do the best you can using the "low point drains" and then put your pink stuff in.

Actually, I don't use any pink stuff in our climate, since the worst that can happen is the little water left in the tank will only expand upwards in the mostly empty tank where there is plenty of room when it freezes.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco-noslide wrote:
Owner's Manuals are really interesting.

There is virtually NO owners manual that would have the location.
Nearly all RV owners manuals are generic, with no model-specific information.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco-noslide wrote:

statements like this have no place here. If you can't be helpful maybe you should not post anything...

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Your rigs new enough that you should be able to pull into any dealer who sells coachman and find someone who will know.
Kevin

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Look around the sides of the fresh water tank, near the bottom of may actually be on the bottom of the tank, depending on your individual model. Ours is near the water pump, but a separate fitting off the tank, it then has a separate valve before leading to the 1" drain pipe to the bottom of the RV. Our old trailer just had a screw cap on the drain pipe.
On ours, the pump and fittings are on the opposite side of the RV from the fresh water fill and vent fittings.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco-noslide

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is no way anybody can help you with the information you provided. Provide the complete make and Model of your camper. Then somebody that has one can tell you where the drain is.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
look at your FW fill port. The drain for the tank will be under the 5er very near the inlet. It will have a cap or a valve. Next to it may also be a vent/overflow line with no cap or valve. It May not have a vent out the bottom but a vent at the fill valve Incorporated within the fill valve opening.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some times it is a cap instead of a valve.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Crawl under. Youโ€™ll find it.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where is your freshwater tank? Look around the tank inside the RV or under the RV under the tank. It will be right at the tank. The outlet of the drain, at least, will be under the RV. The valve will be right above that.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB