cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Colorado and Wyoming need rec places to stay

tx_folks
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling to and staying in or near the following cities during the Month of July

Pueblo, CO
Cheyenne, WY
Caspar, WY
Sheridan, WY
Denver, CO

We are looking for places to stay in our 5th Wheel-2 seniors
Could be state parks, campgrounds, Corp of Engineer parks etc
Any suggestions of places you've stayed that you really liked? We prefer shade this time of year.
Thank you in advance!
Mike, Judy
and our maltipoo, Muffy ๐Ÿ™‚
5 REPLIES 5

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
RAS43 wrote:
ppine wrote:
You can use public land. You do not need a park or official campground except around Denver.

Judging by the list of cities, all along I25, I doubt there is much public land available. Maybe a city or county park besides what has been suggested.

All of these towns are pretty small. Sometimes there are city and county parks. There is also public land right outside of town. RV parks can be convenient for visiting cities, but I avoid them when ever possible.

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Pueblo Lake State Park usually has some 50A sites.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
ppine wrote:
You can use public land. You do not need a park or official campground except around Denver.

Judging by the list of cities, all along I25, I doubt there is much public land available. Maybe a city or county park besides what has been suggested.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
tx folks wrote:
We will be traveling to and staying in or near the following cities during the Month of July

Pueblo, CO
Cheyenne, WY
Caspar, WY
Sheridan, WY
Denver, CO

We are looking for places to stay in our 5th Wheel-2 seniors
Could be state parks, campgrounds, Corp of Engineer parks etc
Any suggestions of places you've stayed that you really liked? We prefer shade this time of year.
Thank you in advance!

Colorado State Parks are reservation only, there no longer is any first come/first served. You might be able to find an opening at Cherry Creek State Park on the SE side of the Denver Metro area.

Otherwise, in July, most everything is likely to be booked up, even for during the week. Possibly some openings at commercial RV parks, but they will likely also be hard to find for the Denver area.

In Cheyenne, shade will be at a premium. The good news is there's probably been lots of reservation cancellations since Cheyenne Frontier Days has been cancelled this year due to the coronavirus. Two of the better places in Cheyenne is the KOA on the east side of the city off I-80, or the Terry Bison Ranch RV Park just inside Wyoming on I-25 at the first exit.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.