Not sure how efective it is tho.

Any one here tried this yet?

https://youtu.be/m8-93XeWFvQ

Turn on english subtitles
6 REPLIES 6

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Most insulation relies on creating dead air space (foam or batting) or an evacuated space (thermos). Paint isn't going to do that unless it foams up before it dries.

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Every product I have seen like this their proof (instead of any scientific study) They point the IR at the roof before coating and then again after to show a reduced temperature. Paint any dark roof white and see a significant temperature drop. Take the first temperature during the heat of the day in full sun and the verifying temperature later in the day, under clouds or in the shade for even more impressive results! In the meantime I have 2 parcels of real estate in NY connected by a bridge I would like to sell.

Here is what Wikpedia has to say

So far no manufacturer has provided any independent test results to substantiate any claims of improved performance over standard paint technology. All independent tests have shown that the proprietary formulas offer no advantages at all over plain old acrylic paint. In spite of impressive "web presence" several of these companies appear to be "ghost ships" operating in the cloak of obscurity offered by internet sales and unable to provide any local representation or product stocks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulative_paint

cohendan
Explorer
Explorer
Then which brand should we consider to use? Thanks.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
It's just standard ceramic roof coatings. Any roofing product distribution supplier will carry one or more brands. Lowes use to carry one but low sales (can't compete with reflective roof coating in cost) relegated it to online ordering.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Traver8
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure about the product in the video but many years ago I worked at a site where we refurbished a very large storage tank that was for temporary storage of chilled water. Part of that work included repainting with an "insulating paint". This was a fairly thick paint type product that had glass micro spheres mixed into it. This did provide some minor insulating factor but it was not very much.

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
As far as I can see, that video was utterly information-free. Any pictures they included were covered with text so you couldnโ€™t see them.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73