Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold Refrigerator Baffles

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

I need to buy or fashion some baffles for my Norcold fridge. Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

6 REPLIES 6

travellerz71
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Lowes and buy a roll of roof flashing you can bend it by hand.

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to what a baffle looks like and where to purchase one. You might also consider calling David Force at the Amish Cooling unit website and talking with him on the how/whys of a baffle in proper fridge cooling.

http://rvcoolingunit.com/Norcold-1200-addon-Condenser-Baffle-better-cooling-P2420539.aspx
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

The baffles are actually for the "chimney" to help correct the air flow over the coils.

I've only had one "blow out" in the last four years.

WoodGlue wrote:
It's something that attaches to the inside of the vent to help the flame from being blown out when windy or traveling.

WoodGlue
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
What model fridge do you have? My Norcold 6182 has an OEM baffle that surrounds the burner. I've never had a "flame out" while traveling that I'm aware of. The baffle has a little shutter window for checking on the flame.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
It's something that attaches to the inside of the vent to help the flame from being blown out when windy or traveling.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
I am not clear on what a "baffle" is or where one would go in or around an RV fridge???

Jim