cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SMART Tiles

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
We are about to start our winter projects. One of them is a Smart Tile backsplash. Hope to get some feed back from those that have done it.

If you would, Other than a degreaser and thorough rinse of the wall, is there any other prep. How long have you had the tiles up and have you had any problems.
9 REPLIES 9

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
sullivanclan wrote:
We did ours actually while out at a campsite. Had extras and did around the bathroom sink as well. Real simple, but it did take a bit of practice on the first one or two. (Buy a few extra). We cleaned and degreased with typical cleaner first. No issues, they have held up well through hot weather and cold winter temps.

Thank you.

sullivanclan
Explorer
Explorer
We did ours actually while out at a campsite. Had extras and did around the bathroom sink as well. Real simple, but it did take a bit of practice on the first one or two. (Buy a few extra). We cleaned and degreased with typical cleaner first. No issues, they have held up well through hot weather and cold winter temps.
2003 Ford 450 Jayco Greyhawk 25D
1986 Jeep Renegade
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JK

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
ThomBoles wrote:
AllegroD wrote:
Thanks guys. I think we can move forward with this. Appreciate the comments.

ThomBoles, Your pic did not post.

Hmm, I see it. It's here if you really want to see it.

I can see the first one now. It was the network I was on. Thanks. That looks nice. We are looking at the subway tiles. Might go with a darker tile, though.

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I install mine 5-6 years ago and it looks like I did it yesterday.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
AllegroD wrote:

Hmm, I see it. It's here if you really want to see it.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did ours either 3 or 4 years ago. I made sure that I removed all the raised edges and did a very good job of cleaning and degreasing. They went on easily. They still look as good as the day I finished.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
If you look about 8" from the corner you will see that we left the cover strip between the 2 pieces of "wallpaper" (vertical line in the material that looks like a bubble). I would say if you can remove that without damage that might be a good thing to do.

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
I think I have that (they are the stick-on vinyl). We put it on about a year ago and it's still looking good. We cleaned with good detergent soap and made sure it was dry. Then basically just stuck them on. I did caulk the seams/joints/corners just as I would have done with "real" tile. As of now we are pleased! I think it took us about 1.5 hours to do the back splash behind the kitchen sink, stove area.

I'll see about getting a link to a picture so you can see.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K