cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Base plate installed

hewebb
Explorer
Explorer
I , with the help of my son, got the Blue Ox base plate installed on the SRX yesterday. We both watched the video from e trailer before beginning the task. For the most part it went very well, but, was not near as easy as the video suggested. It took about 3 1/2 hours. While I had it apart I replaced the weak headlight bulbs with LED bulbs. It made a huge difference.
After the holidays I will take it to M & G Engineering to have their brake system installed. They will also install the car lighting system.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Congradulations on being able to do it yourself, and getting it done. Last time I traded cars, I made that a part of the deal, (at no additional expense to me), that the towing package, base plates, and lighting be installed. Got it all done by the dealers shop. BTW, we settled that after I had agreed on all the other terms, price, trade and whatever. Told them that the whole deal depended on being able to tow the car, and it had to be done at no additional cost. They agreed and did a good job getting it removed from my old car, and installed on the new one. It was a bit more work than they had planned, but they sucked it up and got it done.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.