cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dually Valve Stem Extenders

cruising_spud
Explorer
Explorer
Every time we replaced our rv tires, we also replaced our dually valve stem extenders, which we always bought from the Tireman in California. Well, the Tireman died several years ago. So, who makes a good quality valve stem extender?

Thank you.
Kathy
10 REPLIES 10

cruising_spud
Explorer
Explorer
Do you need to get Borg extenders from a "Borg Store," or do other stores carry Borg items?
Kathy

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
If you do go with the Borg extended stems be sure to get the rubber grommets for the holes in the outer rim, for both stems, and you may need to secure them with a little silicone goop. The grommets prevent the stems from rotating and wearing on the edge of the hole.
-jbh-

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
cruising spud wrote:
toedtoes-it looks to me like Cat Eyes are tire pressure monitors. Those we already have.

Just wanted to revisit which valve extenders to buy, now that Tireman has past away.

Thank you all for the input.

They are monitors yes. But they also connect both tires to one easy to reach valve. And have a valve check to prevent one flat tire from emptying the other tire.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Borg has worked fine for me since 2013.
-jbh-

cruising_spud
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes-it looks to me like Cat Eyes are tire pressure monitors. Those we already have.

Just wanted to revisit which valve extenders to buy, now that Tireman has past away.

Thank you all for the input.
Kathy

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Maybe your truck is different but I have ZERO issues filling or deflating my DRW tires. Proper double ended air chuck and pressure gauge. Extenders simply cause another potential failure IMHO.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Consider getting Cat Eyes. They equalize pressure between tires, but have an internal check valve to keep one tire from going flat if the other does. You can fill both tires at once. And you can easily see at a glance if your tires are low on air - no having to bend over and/or use a gauge.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

cruising_spud
Explorer
Explorer
I have heard good things about Borg extenders. NO braided extenders-got it. Thanks for the info.
Kathy

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
The ones you need are from Borg AKA Your Tire Supply. Dually Kit

They will look like this and come from a company that is the only one now making longer valve stems for Class C Duallys like the Tire man, I have a set from Tire Man that was the original maker of them and have been on my Class C for over 10 years with no leaks or problems. You can Check the pressure on all tires in a matter of minutes.

Valve stems

DO NOT put the braided extenders on, they will leak and if they come loose from their mount on the wheel they will cause a catastrophic air loss.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Wheel Master has some at ETrailer.com
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator