cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

valve stem extenders

Brownleaf
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 24' minnie winnie. I have read alot and viewed alot on youtube about extenders. I have rubber valve stems now. Several people have complained about places that will replace the original short rubber stems with the long metal ones. Can someone give me a specific reference to a brand and place to buy an extension that would not be too heavy for my present rubber valve stems. Thanks Doug
11 REPLIES 11

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Grit dog wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
Brownleaf wrote:
I have a 2004 24' minnie winnie. I have read alot and viewed alot on youtube about extenders. I have rubber valve stems now. Several people have complained about places that will replace the original short rubber stems with the long metal ones. Can someone give me a specific reference to a brand and place to buy an extension that would not be too heavy for my present rubber valve stems. Thanks Doug

Why they would complain about getting better quality metal valve stems is beyond me. the rubber ones are not made for the higher pressures.

Another wives tale.
I mean rubber valve stems may not be big pressure. And are common in lower pressure apps. But whether a valve stem has a metal barrel or not is not necessarily indicative of its rating.

not really a wife's tale its right in the product literature. the standard rubber is rated for applications up to 60 PSI, I am sure they will be fine at 80 as there has to be a safety factor built in but there is pretty much no extra work/cost for them to install a metal one
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

dedmiston
Brownleaf wrote:
Thanks to all about the valve extenders. Doug

Did you make a decision? What did you decide to go with?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Brownleaf
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all about the valve extenders. Doug

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just use the proper tools.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
StirCrazy wrote:
Brownleaf wrote:

Why they would complain about getting better quality metal valve stems is beyond me. the rubber ones are not made for the higher pressures.

Another wives tale.
I mean rubber valve stems may not be big pressure. And are common in lower pressure apps. But whether a valve stem has a metal barrel or not is not necessarily indicative of its rating.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dually VALVES
designed specific for the wheels you have.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
These are the best ones I have found.
Valve stem extenders
You would need to get the best angle for your particular installation locations.
Most are available on Amazon.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any tire shop should be happy to install the metal ones for $$$$$$.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
The last thing you want to do is put those flexible extenders on your rubber valve stems. They have a tendency to leak and if they get loose from the anchoring point they can flop around and not only do damage to your wheel but suddenly deflate the tire causing a catastrophic loss. I can speak from experience,this happened with my old Class A.

What is needed is a extended valve stem that will let you quickly check your tire pressure. They add no extra weight like the Extenders would and balancing is no problem, TPMS works on them as well

Something like the Duallyvalve I have a set like them and I never have to take my simulators off to check the air pressure.

Just find a tire shop that does heavy duty trucks,I know I had no problem finding one to install mine.Just google truck tire service in your area I am sure many will come up.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Brownleaf
Explorer
Explorer
They complained about finding places that would install them. Doug

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Brownleaf wrote:

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100