cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

sepisllib
Explorer
Explorer
We keep a little short handled squeege hanging in the shower all the time. Last one showering just takes a few seconds to squeege down the 4 sides all the way to the floor.

Wonderful.

Bill
Bill W. Trammell
Wife - Judy
2001 Monaco Dynasty Chancellor
2008 Malibu 2LT toad

ackjay
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if this qualifies for what you are wanting, but I got tired of destroying my tiki torches each year because I couldn't get them in the ground. While camping one time, I noticed that someone had come up with something better. Simple design. Take a small bucket(citronella candle is what I used), place some PVC pipe in and pour some concrete in and let it harden. They will blow over in the wind, but you never tear'em up trying to get them in the ground. Here's what the finished product looks like:
2000 Chevy Silverado 4X4 Z71 5.3L Tow package w/3.73 gears
2005 Trail Cruiser 21RBH
Prodigy Brake Controller
Mckesh Mirrors
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
The TurboMax fan was one of my favorite add on's. Works great and keeps things comfy inside. Indoor/outdoor thermometer is really handy. And our new Wal-Mart "zero gravity" LaFuma type folding recliners last weekend made a believer out of me. Most comfortable outdoor chair ever, as a matter of fact, we used the inside of the RV at night to watch TV! $100.00 less than the LaFuma, same quality and features for $49.00!
My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W

bsherryg
Explorer
Explorer
Storing papers and files: I use an accordian-fold expanding plastic sleeve (about $4-5 at any drug store, WalMart etc.) for the important papers (insurance etc.). For files, I use FedEx/USPS-type shipping boxes, put together then cut in half so file folder tabs can be easily read. 2 box halves fit nicely in my bedroom overheads that are too shallow for almost anything else except paperback books and hold a lot of files.
Sherry & Ted - T-Bear, KayDee and Bianca
98 Safari Serengeti 40DP
04 Jeep Liberty 4x4 toad
FMCA 366051; Escapees 93337;
Safari International; Safari R Us;
WINs; RoVing Rods

generaljean
Explorer
Explorer
Gizmo Mom
I don't know if you're wiping it down just to get it dry, or to keep it clean. At home I use Arm & Hammer Shower Clean. Spray it inside AFTER showering and you won't have any soap or scum or hard water build up. We have hard well water and this keeps my shower clean. Other brands are a little cheaper, but don't work as well. I get it at Wal-Mart for $2.37, but yesterday it was on a mark down for $1.97. Lasts for weeks and probably ends up costing 20 cents per shower.

pep65
Explorer
Explorer
We live in washinton state so we see a little rain now and then.When we first got our 92 bounder it seemed that the batteries would be almost dead after just a few hours of use.Will it turned out that the batteries are mounted just in front of the radiator and that the vents in the caps were facing forward. the batteries were filling up and getting diluted with rain while driving.The darn things were always over flowing.the problem was solved by rotating the bat caps 180 degrees,empting the washed out batteries out and installing new bat fluid.a good charge was also done along with installing a vent tube from each bat cap to a central location under the bat box.No more problems with bat overflow eating my the mh.