cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

Sagebrush_Monit
Explorer
Explorer
Handbasket, I'd like to know more about the Sewer Solution. I don't think I've heard about it. I could use something to "pump" the black tank contents uphill to my septic tank. Thanks.
'05 F350 PSD CC SRW Timbrens -- '02 Keystone Cougar 295 EFS

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Karl: I hope the moderators will do that for us.

NCHornett1: Those leveling bags are such a great idea!
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger

CROSSBOLT
Explorer
Explorer
I think this is a great idea! Just how do we keep it in the front of Genl RVing Issues so it easy to find?

Karl
Karl

Hit_The_Road_J1
Explorer
Explorer
GizmosMom wrote:
Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

For those of us using a Toilet / Shower Pan Combo,
try laying the proper sized throw rug over the shower portion to cut down on foot traffic dirt.
2006 DIY Dodge Badged Sprinter Conversion

NCHornet1
Explorer
Explorer
Levelair Air Bags

The above is the best gizmo I have purchased for my trailer. No more getting the level close. I am dead on all the time. Adjustments are done easily without moving the trailer. I can't say enough how terriffic these bags are. I made a Y adaptor to fill both bags at the same time. I am perfectly level in less than 2 min. With a total height of 4" they have worked everytime. The best part is no more hauling a lumber yard with me on vacation!!!
2000 Ford F350 4X4 PSD,CC, DRW
4:10's, BTM Muffler, Isspro Gauges,
Coolant Filter,CCV Mod
FTVB , Ford AIS
6.0 Cooler,SCT2 W/DP's 40 tow & 80 econo,Zoodad mod
2005 Keystone Hornet 30BHSS
Reese Dual Cam
Family of 4 saved by Grace!!!
MY TRUCK
OUR TRAILER

woof
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds gross, but if you use car wax on the inside of the toilet bowl it keeps it nice and clean and don't have to use a brush, well hardly ever.

LHOTH
Explorer
Explorer
I just found this -
Folding Butcher Block Island.

LHOTH- Little House on the Highway
Andrea & David
Homeschooling our kids- ds(11), dd(6)& dd(5)
Dogs- Clara(2yo Lab) and Casey(1yo Retriever)

2004 3500 Dodge CTS/Dually
2006 HR Next Level 38FKS- Toy Hauler FW
Upgraded from 2001 F150 & a 2003 26' Outback

clinton
Explorer
Explorer
Just heard on TV today: Pour a solution of vinegar and water on your windshield, no more frost in the mornings.

Gottahaveit
In order to reduce injury if one should run into a open slide or even the 5th wheel hitch in front we cut a "Noodle" not sure what else its called but it is actually a water float thing with a hole in the center. Simply slip it over all sharp edges. Most come in really bright colors and are hard to miss. (kinda like pipe insulation)
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
GizmosMom wrote:
I'll start:
Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.
Now I want to hear what works for you

I wipe down the shower,wash bowl,commode, etc, twice a year, with a Product called "Quick Wax". It's a solvent base liquid wax. No more water spots and the plastic shines like new.
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

T5Bird
Explorer
Explorer
I finally broke down and bought a set of two-way radios, it sure does help the communication between me and the DW when hooking up or getting into a tight spot.
1988 F-250 7.3 diesel...Banks Charged. / 2005 Fleetwood Pioneer 180CK

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
Its praises are sung here often enough, and the Sewer Solution lives up to its reputation.. great for dumping at home to a too-high sewer clean-out.

Backing camera system... lets you get those last few inches when parking. It's 'free', since the first backing accident you did't have pays for it & more :B.

RV.net.. for all the good stuff I've learned here...

Jim, "An ignorant person is someone who doesn't know what you just found out."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

soldiersmomtx
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, Since we live in our RV year round, I purchased a tabletop ironing board. It works perfectly on the dining table and folds flat for storage.

dobbler98
Explorer
Explorer
Those stackable plastic drawers come in all shapes and sizes; squares, rectangles, short and deep, tall and thin and you can put them together like a puzzle to fit odd-shaped areas or those overhead bins you can't quite see the back of. :W

I put two sections with three 4" drawers in one on my small overhead bins. That gave me six drawers to hold small items I usually want in a hurry, or are a pain to store easily on hand.

One drawer has paper, pens, markers, tape measure, magnifying glass; the next one has a t-plug, a surge protector, the campground plug adapters, and a 3' 110v extension cord; next one has the bird books, binoculars, wildflower chart; another has all the extra 12-volt bulbs, fuses, a gasket or two, the volt-meter, the plug-in series tester....I think you get the ideas...which are endless. The drawers are a frosted see-through, making it easy to just look up through the bottom and see if what you need is there, or just slide 'em on out easy as pie.

My overhead bins are deep, so I filled up the space behind the drawers with seldom used items like the manuals and wiring books, portable fish finder, and CAT-5 cabling.
2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE 30PDD
Usually pulling one of my toys :B

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is a wet bathroom and I use the sponge to wipe up the excess water. Nothing like a middle of the night trip to use the toilet and ending up with cold, wet feet!!!!

Yes, these are the types of hints I was looking for! Any and all!