cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

GibbsClan
Explorer
Explorer
Just Suscribed!! Great ideas!! Thanks!!

vgoulette
Explorer
Explorer
smalldog wrote:
You are going to think I'm nuts--that's OK, the whole family does. But this really works SO well that my husband now asks for them. Firestarters. I save the dryer lint, put it in cardboard egg cartons and drizzle with melted candle remnents and/or crayons. Make a bunch at once and carry them for campfires. Just be very careful when melting the waxy stuff and pouring it. Best to do it outside on the grill.

This is how I make firestarters, too. I use an electric candle warmer to melt my candle wax (use it after it loses all fragrance). And, free is definitely a great price!! lol

Vickie

smalldog
Explorer
Explorer
You are going to think I'm nuts--that's OK, the whole family does. But this really works SO well that my husband now asks for them. Firestarters. I save the dryer lint, put it in cardboard egg cartons and drizzle with melted candle remnents and/or crayons. Make a bunch at once and carry them for campfires. Just be very careful when melting the waxy stuff and pouring it. Best to do it outside on the grill.

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
Jeanne M wrote:
dave from mesa wrote:
When we do dishes we use a dishpan and when done washing we throw the used dish soap in the toilet. This way when driving down the road the soapy water sloshes around in the black tank and helps keep it clean.
New to us but probably not to you oldtimers.

We do that too...and another good side effect is that dumping our dishwater into the black tank also helps keep the grey water from filling up so quick when boondocking.

This happens automatically in my coach as the kitchen sink is plumbed to go into the black tank. All food particles, processed or not, go into the same tank.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

Jeanne_M
Explorer
Explorer
dave from mesa wrote:
When we do dishes we use a dishpan and when done washing we throw the used dish soap in the toilet. This way when driving down the road the soapy water sloshes around in the black tank and helps keep it clean.

We do that too...and another good side effect is that dumping our dishwater into the black tank also helps keep the grey water from filling up so quick when boondocking.
Jeanne & Kenny
2005 Itasca Horizon 36GD, Freightliner Evolution Chassis, Cat 350
1992 Honda Accord
And Bailey, our furry traveling companion
Good Sam, TT/Naco,PA,RPI,AOR,C2C,FMCA #F151328
Our Pictures

HeresLucy
Explorer
Explorer
automap2002 wrote:
Tizi wrote:
I purchased a 3 inch 3 ring binder and plastic page protectors with 3 holes punched. I put all of my camper documentation, including upgraded components, into the protectors and then into the binder. Now it is all in one place and easily accessible. I added additional information like: The 12 Volt Side of Life, winterizing/dewinterizing instructions, dump tank procedures, etc.

I also have a 3 ring binder that along with all the manuals and upgraded components, I also put my TV manual, inverter manual, in the plastic page protectors I put my trailer registration and all of my reservations, make it handy to have everthing in one place.

Ditto -- Our setup..

And other tips we use in this link...stuff we use which is already posted in this thread somewhere -- many pages back.

Lucy
2006 Allegro Bus 40' DP
2005 Grand Cherokee

PGR_Skye
Explorer
Explorer
Hadn't thought of that, but think we'll have to start doing it, too.
Darrell & Madonna
Furkid, GSD Sigfried
2001 Patriot Thunder by Beaver
Jeep Grand Cherokee

Terri_travel
Explorer
Explorer
jagco wrote:
dave from mesa wrote:
Well good to see this thread is still going. Looked thru all of them and found some useful tips. Thanks
Not sure if this was posted as there were a lot.

We do the same. Really helps.

Hadn't thought of this one. Great idea!
2006 Jayco Jayfeather 29BHS

Mike & Terri (working hard to play);)

Melissa:C & Ty:B (23yr old daughter,13yr old son) Just along for the ride

Cujo:M & Sophie :?{1 bad Chihuahua & Diva French Bulldog}

Elkhartjim
Explorer
Explorer
When my bar of Dial gets small I just toss it in the toilet...of course I flush.
Jim & sidekick Roxie
38' Bounder DP:)

jagco
Explorer
Explorer
dave from mesa wrote:
Well good to see this thread is still going. Looked thru all of them and found some useful tips. Thanks

We do the same. Really helps.
1977 Diamond Class C
(Ford E350, 460)

dave_from_mesa
Explorer
Explorer
dave from mesa
Dave & Judy
2011 HR Endeavor 43DFT
2007 Honda CR-V as a toad
Vietnam Vets. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes you may get compensation.

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
I have a bad back and have come home more than once with back spasms after trying to pull my tow dolly while bent over. It will be a couple of years before I can afford to get a car capable of 4 down towing, so I am stuck for now. Last week I found this Trailer Dolly, and believe me, it is a back saver. I can now pull the dolly while standing upright! There is no more back strain from camping!

My DH and ITA...we have that very same dolly and it works great. Moving the PUP the last few feet into and out of the garage is a breeze now using it. We also have an electric wrench that pulls the PUP in and out of the garage...at least most of the way. Sure saves the back!
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a bad back and have come home more than once with back spasms after trying to pull my tow dolly while bent over. It will be a couple of years before I can afford to get a car capable of 4 down towing, so I am stuck for now. Last week I found this Trailer Dolly, and believe me, it is a back saver. I can now pull the dolly while standing upright! There is no more back strain from camping!

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Fredzo
Explorer
Explorer
jagco wrote:
The proof is in the pudding. He's apparently having success with it.

I've been successful using nothing for the past 40 years! ๐Ÿ˜„

(But I saw one billow last year, and have considered.....)
2005 Georgetown 342DS XL
1989 Wrangler Sahara Toad
2005 Liberty Renegade Toad
Blue Ox Tow Bar, Brake Buddy
Retired on Jan 1, 2010!!!

jagco
Explorer
Explorer
The proof is in the pudding. He's apparently having success with it.
1977 Diamond Class C
(Ford E350, 460)