cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

Dragoness1975
Explorer
Explorer
woo 129 pages read

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
I too have rigged up a whole house water filter about a year ago. I built a plywood bracket to stand on the ground under the 5er and use a 5' white hose from the filter to the 5er and a white hose to the filter from the regulator on the pedestal. I also use quick connects at all junctions.
wally-eye wrote:
I rigged up a cheap "whole house" water filter to filter the water coming in. My uncle made a bracket for it with a spike to stick in the ground. Still don't prefer to drink campground water but at least the shower & sinks etc stay cleaner.
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

D_Sluv2fishandc
Explorer
Explorer
Mark, I finally made it to the end of this!
Our Camping History:
Variety of tents
'72 Lionel pop-up
'76 Dodge Jamboree Motor Home
'98 Sportsmen 28' Travel Trailer
'93 Coachmen Catalina 23.5 ft 5th wheel
'98 Palomino Pop-Up
'01 Wildwood Lite Travel Trailer

wally-eye
Explorer
Explorer
I rigged up a cheap "whole house" water filter to filter the water coming in. My uncle made a bracket for it with a spike to stick in the ground. Still don't prefer to drink campground water but at least the shower & sinks etc stay cleaner.
2007 KZ Sportsman 5th wheel

crazyoldcoot
Explorer
Explorer
crazyoldcoot wrote:
I slouch a lot and when sitting at the dinette it won't be long till my bottom cushion has moved and the back cushion drops down which is very aggravating.
We are dealing with some folks to upgrade the pews at church and they sent a sample of their padded cushions. Along with the sample they sent a piece of foam to be placed between the pew and the cushion to eliminate movement. I borrowed it and tried it on my dinette cushion. It worked very well. It looks very much like the foam filter material used in window unit air conditioners.
Foam, 1/4 inch thick by any width and length you choose.I am going to try some and report back. Perhaps this has been posted before. If so fill me in please.

Well they work fine! $1.00 apiece at Wal-Mart in the filter section. Just place one under each cushion and cushion stays put.

I also learned that the material the cushion lays upon is a piece of the wall material. If I ever need a small piece to repair the wall I can use that and replace it with plyboard.I didn't intend for these to show as videos but it will work ok.

wally-eye
Explorer
Explorer
bump
2007 KZ Sportsman 5th wheel

crazyoldcoot
Explorer
Explorer
I slouch a lot and when sitting at the dinette it won't be long till my bottom cushion has moved and the back cushion drops down which is very aggravating.
We are dealing with some folks to upgrade the pews at church and they sent a sample of their padded cushions. Along with the sample they sent a piece of foam to be placed between the pew and the cushion to eliminate movement. I borrowed it and tried it on my dinette cushion. It worked very well. It looks very much like the foam filter material used in window unit air conditioners.
Foam, 1/4 inch thick by any width and length you choose.I am going to try some and report back. Perhaps this has been posted before. If so fill me in please.

rjag1946
Explorer
Explorer
carpet runners velcro them down in corners!

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been using "Sync Toy" for years with a memory stick and it is great. Now I'm using it with a Western Digital external hard drive to expand usage.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

dmatt
Explorer
Explorer
ECHO.....ECHO :h :W
2018 F150 FX4, 3.5 EB, max tow
2019.5 Lance 2375
Madison-the loveable old lady of the dog clan
Riley-our rescued Black Lab
Scout-the new crazy Australian Shepherd puppy

Our camping photos

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Another good program and it is totally free from Microsoft (did I day Microsoft and free in the same sentence). Well it is, and it is called "Sync Toy", I use it to back up files from one computer to a memory stick and then use the memory stick to update my 3 other computers. Works well, it only copies files that have changed so it is pretty quick.
Papa Bob

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Another good program and it is totally free from Microsoft (did I day Microsoft and free in the same sentence). Well it is, and it is called "Sync Toy", I use it to back up files from one computer to a memory stick and then use the memory stick to update my 3 other computers. Works well, it only copies files that have changed so it is pretty quick.
Papa Bob

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Papa Bob

In_The_Dawghous
Explorer
Explorer
Mick1152 wrote:
I've been using Dropbox which is a software that syncs your files online and with any other computer you have the software installed on.

Before my last trip I moved my RV Notebook data file to my dropbox folder. While on my trip I used my laptop and made entries into RV Notebook, when I got home and turned on my desktop computer it sync'd up the changed file on my desktop so I had all my changes I made while I was on the road. I used it for several other files that I wanted to have access to while on the road as well, works great and keeps things sync'd between all my computers that I have it installed on.

Just thought I'd share. There are versions for Win, Mac and Linux although I couldn't use the Linux version because it requires Gnome and doesn't work in KDE.

http://www.getdropbox.com

I use it for my Outlook file also. I use 4 different computers so my Outlook calendar and email is syncd on all of my computers
Gordon, Susie, Diane, Catie, Susan, Shawn, Annie, Jessi, Keith, Selena.(Yes, 8 kids)
1 Dog Bonnie.
96 Rexhall Aerbus Class A (The Dawghouse II)

Castaway Campers site

Our Photos

Mick1152
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using Dropbox which is a software that syncs your files online and with any other computer you have the software installed on.

Before my last trip I moved my RV Notebook data file to my dropbox folder. While on my trip I used my laptop and made entries into RV Notebook, when I got home and turned on my desktop computer it sync'd up the changed file on my desktop so I had all my changes I made while I was on the road. I used it for several other files that I wanted to have access to while on the road as well, works great and keeps things sync'd between all my computers that I have it installed on.

Just thought I'd share. There are versions for Win, Mac and Linux although I couldn't use the Linux version because it requires Gnome and doesn't work in KDE.

http://www.getdropbox.com
Mick
1998 Fleetwood Bounder 36S Ford Chassis
1999 Chevy Malibu LS Toad

~The difference between Ordeal and Adventure is Attitude~
Get Dropbox!