cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Strange energy field around a RV?

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Does the "first parked" RV at a 500 acre overnight spot emit an energy field that immediately attracts more vehicles to snuggle up near it, instead of park over there 1/2 mile away?
58 REPLIES 58

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
Ric Flair wrote:
When people start crowding me I'll walk around my campsite wearing nothing but a pair of red leather chaps while playing Barry Manilow on the stereo REALLY loud. When that doesn't work, I take off the chaps.

YMMV.

Why take off the chaps? Just stop playing Barry Manilow and they will leave.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

Ric_Flair
Explorer
Explorer
When people start crowding me I'll walk around my campsite wearing nothing but a pair of red leather chaps while playing Barry Manilow on the stereo REALLY loud. When that doesn't work, I take off the chaps.

YMMV.
2013 GMC 3500 DRW 4x4 SLT Duramax
2013 Road Warrior 415 Toy Hauler
2013 Kawasaki 4010 Mule

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
Well, according to "The unwritten book of Man's rules" you need to leave at least one urinal open between you and the next guy in a restroom and also one seat in a movie theater.. So somehow these rules were disallowed..
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

Raften
Explorer
Explorer
RV's may attract other RV's but I have two dogs that tend to counteract that force.
'01 Dodge 3500 CTD, Lance 1121, Air Bags, Rancho 9000, All Wheels Under Power When Needed, A Few Engine Mods For Increased HP

Burning Grease, 800 ft/lbs. of torque from something you throw away.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pineapple Kid wrote:
Actually RV Parks putting campers in one area makes some sense,

If they scatter the campers all over the place they have a lot more garbage cans to empty the next day.

But, if they spread them out they won't have to call in the garbage truck for just one dumpster!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Let's look at it from a different perspective. If I am in a boondocking campground I will choose to be near a larger class A. Less chance of screaming kids the the other option bunk bed trailer. And now I know they can not pull in next to me. I do camp with my grands in their bunk bed and now know if they were not there I do not want to be next to them. Next in a campground they seem to make it so the next guy can get in easier. I have watched over a half hour of backing in when it is tighter. Less chance of damage and easier to see what space. Also less garbage cans and if they are going to mow the other sections they will have an easier time. Staying in the same camp ground and talking with the owners gave me a new appreciation for why and only one of the bath houses really gets used.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

Pineapple_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
Actually RV Parks putting campers in one area makes some sense,

If they scatter the campers all over the place they have a lot more garbage cans to empty the next day.
Pineapple Kid Kauai, Hawaii

2013 Ram 2500 crew cab diesel (In California)
2003 Jayco 243RKS fifth wheel (In California)
Right Hand drive Sprinter Motorhome ( in Netherlands )

rseymour21
Explorer
Explorer
I've gotta figure out how all these people are always first to the campground! :E
2003 F250 7.3L
2008 Cougar 292RK

super_camper
Explorer
Explorer
06Fargo wrote:
Does the "first parked" RV at a 500 acre overnight spot emit an energy field that immediately attracts more vehicles to snuggle up near it, instead of park over there 1/2 mile away?

The answer might be more obvious than you think. Whatever made YOU pick that area obviously influenced the next visitors as well.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
My first time that I stayed on in Florida into the Summer I started taking my MH to go to Walmart.

I park of course on the last row where no other cars are parked.
I came out and here is a car parked right up against the side of my MH on the far side. At first I thought it was someone burglarizing my RV so I approached with caution but no one was in it.

A couple of weeks later same parking lot, I come out to were my MH is parked and AGAIN there is a lone car parked along side it.

I mentioned this strange situation to my Floridian friends I was staying with that maybe I was being followed or something?

They all burst out laughing and asked if all these strange cars were parked on the shady side of my MH? :?

Well, When one stays and experiences the extreme Summer heat in Florida is when you realize how important shade is to survive.......these cars where merely seeking out the nice big shade spot my MH provided for them in the parking lots. It continued to happen every time I went shopping with the MH. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kinda like how traffic just "clumps" together on the interstate? There might only be 10 cars on the whole road in front of me... but those idiots just love herding together and forming a rolling roadblock of ignorance...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
GMCPU53 wrote:
naturist wrote:

So the answer to your question is "yes," but it's worse than you know. The only way I know to counteract that energy field is to present your rig as the most terrifying spot on the 500 acre field. Fly a giant skull & crossbones pirate flag, or a confederate flag, scatter empty beer cans liberally around, fire a shotgun wildly in the air when you see 'em comin', and chase your SO, around the RV several laps, both of you nearly naked and screaming at the top of your lungs. And if you can have 3 or 4 pitbulls barking loudly in the scrum, that will help, too.

You'd better be careful ! A spectacle like that might seem real inviting to some of us Redneck Truck Camper people ! Just like being at home..... we'll even bring Cousin Eddie with us !

At the very least, we will set up lawn chairs to watch!!
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walmart shoppers started it. Just park you vehicle out in the middle of the parking lot 75-100 yards away from the store and when you come out you won't be able to find it cuz all the yahoo's will have surrounded it.
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
On edit - MT said to do a search.